Friday 30 May 2014

What's up

The last post I created was three weeks ago, lot has been going on since then. I've visited two countries and have enjoyed the hot summer weather we had here in Finland (now it's cold again). 

So, yes, I have been traveling. First Likka, me, my mom and my sister left for Vienna, Austria where my aunt and her family live. We all, except Likka, have been in Vienna many times before and so we mainly hung out with our relatives and did not spend much time in the city. We went to see my aunt's garden plot and did some gardening work there which was fun. On one day we visited the morning exercise of the Spanish riding school in the city. We went there with Likka, but after waiting in the queue to get the tickets we found out that children under three are not allowed to get in. That was a bummer and I thought that now I was forced to spend two hours outside alone with Likka, but luckily with the ticket you were able to get in and out from the place so I first went in with the ticket while my mom took care of Likka and then we switched and my mom was also able to see the horses.

We returned to the heat of Finland to notice that the cherries had already bloomed, the apples were blooming and the weather was hot and just perfect for sun bathing on the beach. I did manage to get some gardening done on few mornings and then it was time to leave for another trip.

Two friends I've met during maternity leave and their two children, both just over one year old, visited Tallinn. We went with a boat and stayed there for one night. The first day there was beautiful and we enjoyed a lunch on the terrace of a restaurant. Then we headed to a park to drink some wine. Later in the evening the weather got colder and we walked next to our hotel to have some dinner. Next day was totally different than the first, it was cold and rainy and we spent most of the day in cafes, restaurants and in shops. We had a really enjoyable trip.










5 comments:

  1. Gardening in Vienna sounds like a lovely holiday. I really like the picture with the three strollers. And I can't believe how big your little one is already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So is your little one. Time goes so fast. Soon they will be one year old.j

      Delete
  2. Good for you, it looks like you're having a lovely spring. I agree with Santa, the stroller photo is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having a lovely spring, and I've been so busy with my mommy friends, so little time for blogging :)

      Delete
  3. Alwys a good thing to be busy with friends! Have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...