Monday 24 March 2014

The phase of the boat cushions

The re upholstery of the boat cushions, which I mentioned in this post, is moving forward, slowly but surely. We have washed most of the mattresses. Washing them is like grape stomping, not that I've ever done that, but I imagine it would feel similar. I ordered new shank buttons covered with the upholstery fabric from a professional. There are kits also available so I could have covered them myself, but I trust that the professionally made ones are more long-lasting. Then I have made the cover for one (smallest) cushion. It's not my best work, but I used the smallest one to familiarize myself with the new fabric and how it behaves. Few more cushions to do still.



4 comments:

  1. Looking good. I really like that color and texture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the texture I chose because it looks similar both from Front and side. That way I don't have to worry which way to cut the pieces.

      Delete
  2. Yes, it is lovely fabric--and good for you for getting the buttons done professionally. I think they will stand up better over time, too. Love the shot of your feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can also see how I've had too tight socks :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...