Monday 3 March 2014

Minimalistic game - the outcome

The minimalist game I did with Christina was a huge success! I wrote about starting the game in here and then wrote about the progress here. Already in the post about the progress I mentioned how easy it was to find items from our home which to get rid of. It did get harder towards the end but it was still never difficult. At first I could brainstorm places where to look for those items and did not have to even open cabinet doors to know that I have this and that there which to discard. In the last few days I was not able to do that, but once I did open a cabinet door and started going through some items I found all sorts of things. Towards the end of the game I was not able to find as much items from my own stuff, but also had to rely on some of our common items and A's items too. All the items I got rid of can be found from my Minimalist game page and also from Google+ page where you can also see items from Christina and Maryanne.


All in all we got rid of 406 items each! That is so amazing. It is big both mentally and physically. I can see an impact from this game in our home, but in order to have a very big impact I would need to have A more involved in such a game. Mentally I feel so much better when I know that I have made some room in some cabinets and I do not have to cram everything in there anymore.

Most of the things I decided to get rid of are already out from our home. I gave most of the items to charity, to the Red Cross more specifically. There are a few items which I will sell, like one of the wrist watches. Also there were a few items I decided to replace with better ones. But there where only a few of those.

Christina is having the game open at Google+ for March too, so join the game, it's not too late (it never is). I'm having a brake from the game, but I could do it again, just bit later.

Good riddance I say!

5 comments:

  1. It was so fun to have you join in! Isn't it a great feeling to get rid of things? A might come around a little more by next time, he's probably enjoying the extra space too, even if he can't admit it yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved getting rid of things! Thank you so much, this was fun to do with you.
      I'm not sure he sees the benefits, I hope he will.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! I am so pleased for you. I don't know if I should try it out or not. I'll check out your link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I did it! I joined in. This just might be the challenge I need to get things moving out of the house, again! Thanks.

      Delete
    2. Excellent! I saw you had already posted some items on the google+ page. Well done.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...