Wednesday 2 October 2013

Pureed apple for the baby

Yeah, I know Likka will not eat anything else than breast milk for about next six months, but I made pureed baby food from apples for her. We got lot of apples from our neighbour, which she brought from her cabin, and those were just getting bad sitting on our kitchen table. I have nothing against shop bought baby food and am not planning to make all the baby food myself but I cannot eat apples raw and since it's the apple season now and not in six months, I thought it was somewhat wise to make the pureed baby food from the apples now.


I boiled apple slices with some water and then pureed them with a hand blender. The puree I froze in ice cube trays and in ice cube bags. (Do NOT use ice cube bags, it was the dumbest idea ever. It took for ever for the puree to pour into the bag.) Once the puree was frozen I removed it from the ice cube trays and placed the cubes in a bag. Now and by now I mean next March or so it's easy to get a portion of the puree from the freezer for Likka.


Our own apple trees seem to have a resting year, neither of them have made more than couple of apples and even those have been eaten by the squirrels. So no wine or cider producing this year.

6 comments:

  1. In 6 months, I bet you'll be very happy you did this, it will be a great time-saver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to second Chrsitina, it will be a huge time saver once the time for pureed food is coming around. Btw one of my friends also froze all her purees in ice cube trays and she said it was such a smart idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that it's a pain to cut out pieces from a huge block of frozen puree so that is why I used the ice cube trays. Good to know the ice cube size has been good for your friend's baby.

      Delete
  3. SO great! I totally did this for my daughter when she around 6 months but her favorite was carrot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrot too is quite sweet when cooked, so I'm sure it's really tasty for a baby. We'll see what is Likka's favourite...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...