Friday 2 August 2013

The simplest but tastiest desert

I'm not much into deserts, except for the random piece of chocolate or cookie with coffee. But sometimes the desert is just nice to have.


I love Pavlova desert, it has a meringue base with cream on top and berries, lots of berries. It is usually one big round cake, but for people of two or even four that is just too much. So Pavlova in a cup is more better suited for us. This is also super easy to make, expecially if you buy the meringue instead of making your own. I have occasionally made meringue but I've never managed to fylly dry them in the oven, it just seems to take forever. 

What you need is meringue pieces, whipped cream (,some sugar or sweeteners) and berries, the more berries you have the better. Meringue goes in the bottom of the cup, then that is topped with whipped cream. If the berries are not very sweet like the currants then some sugar can be added to the cream, also icecream sauces can be used, or some flawoured syrup. The desert is decorated with a huge pile of berries. And tadaa, it's done.


I have a thing for meringue. So if that is not for you try cookie pieces instead, but then it's not a Pavlova anymore. But equally easy.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds and looks delicious! And it sounds super easy to make. Have a great weeekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and if you use that sort of whipped cream that comes in a pressure can (no idea what that is called) then this is almost too easy.

      Delete
  2. ahh pav! invented in new zealand no less, the earliest record of the recipe is from my own little town of rangiora. the trick with pav is to bake it, then turn off the oven, and leave it in the oven overnight. it should be a mix of hard and chewy to be a proper pav. your mini's look absolutely beautiful served in those pretty glasses x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I had not realized it should be a mix of hard and chewy meringue. Never the less that sort of preparation is way too long for me. I'm really bad at planning what food I want to eat in an hour yet alone the next day.

      Delete
  3. Meringue is the one, single thing that I can successfully bake. :) I always snatch a few out of the oven before they are dry all the way through because I like the soft center, myself. I will definitely try adding these toppings next time I make them.

    By the way, your food photography is always gorgeous. The photos always look professional, everything is just so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the soft center too, just hadn't realized that is what the Pavlova desert requires. I do think I can bake almost anything well, but I just hate the waiting, so I hardly ever bake.

      Thanks for the compliment about the photos. I think I'm ok taking these close up pictures, on those it's easier to consentrate on the feel I want to give. Pretty dishes also make up a lot.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...