Friday 10 August 2012

Cubbies on the wall


Remember those cubbies I showed long long time ago? Perhaps not. Anyway these were part of the heritage we got some time ago. Since then the cubbies have been waiting for the painting in the office to be finished. That was a long wait.

I took out the shelves with cardboard boxes from the cubbies. The boxes were glued really hard on the shelves and  first tryed to rip the boxes off, but the shelf boards broke and I ended up throwing all the shelves and the boxes to trash. In the end I did not even need the shelves, since I desided to turn the cubbies on their side.

I drilled holes to back plate of the cubbies and asked A to hold the first cubbie on level against the wall. After I marked the places of the holes I drilled the wall and attached the first cubbie on the wall with srews. To level the second shelf with the first one I used books to hold the second cubbie on the wall while I marked the places to drill.


I think the cubbies are super nice and handy too. Here you also see my work surface. We had a table in the office before but I didn't like it's wooden colour, so I bought a new table top from Ikea and attached the old legs to it.


Now I have been filling the shelf (that you can just see in the right there) and the cubbies with stuff. It's unbeliavable that the office is almost finished!

8 comments:

  1. oooh, I like that! The stool seat and the cubbies are a nice touch of wood--just to keep things from looking too cold and white. Looking forward to seeing your office finished! (I bet you are too!) Lots of pictures of every wall and corner, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will make a full "Office uncovered" post once it is done. I have organized most of my own stuff but now A is in England and there are still some of his stuff on the floor. I want him to organize them on his own.

      And thanks, I too think the wood colour from the cubbies and the stool go very well with the white.

      Delete
  2. Those look perfect there. And I really like how the color plays with the color of the seat on the stool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I've been adding stuff to the cubbies, it's really hard not to overcrowd the shelves and the table top, to keep the area neat and fresh.

      Delete
  3. I remember the cubbies. :) They look great on the wall, like they were made to go there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I really love them. I would not have even wanted to fill them with stuff since they were so pretty.

      Delete
  4. Your office is coming along nicely. The cubbies look great on the wall!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...