Monday 22 August 2011

Common Solomon's seal


Hihey! I got the plants I had been looking for the whole summer. I had them shipped from a nursery somewhere in middle Finland.


There is my post package, yeppee. I've not previously have live plants shipped to me, well I have ordered some bulbs and things but not green fresh plants. I was bit worried how those will survive the journey, but they looked great.

I don't know if you remember what my flower bench bed (edit. Heh. I did it again) looked like in the spring, I had it all cleaned up and no weeds were to be seen. Well, it's been neglegted since. I did sow some annual seeds there, but it did not turn out that good. I sowed two types of flowers but only the one with small white flowers grew, the other didn't grow at all and over time weeds just took over. 


In a way it was good that nothing really grew there, it was much easier to paint the terrace pilars when I didn't have to be carefull about the plants.


After reweeding I planted the Common Solomon's seal. I ordered four and planted them, that might be a bit too much but I'd rather have too much if one or two would die in winter, I doubt that will happen, but I want to make sure I don't have the same problem of getting new plants again next year.


Now I just have to wait to see how they get on with the growth.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...